Manoj Srinivasan’s future with the New Zealand Cricket Board (NZCB) has been put on hold until after the World Cup, despite the board’s chief executive taking to Twitter to explain his position.
Sinha’s resignation from the board came on Sunday after the ICC had threatened to fine him a reported $50,000, if he failed to return to New Zealand in time to be eligible for the World T20.
The NZCB’s president David Smith, who is also the NZCBB chief executive, made the comments in a series of tweets, including one that appeared to refer to the ICC’s threat of fines.
“I am not looking forward to being kicked out of the NZCTB and the ICC.
We are now in a situation where it will be too late for me to play for the NZCCB,” Sinha tweeted on Sunday.”
This has been an amazing and challenging time for me and my family, but I am committed to my job and the NZCA.”
Sinha, the former New Zealand Test captain and captain of the national side, said he was disappointed the NZB had made such a threat and was willing to “do the right thing”.NZCBS chairman Peter Chivim said Sinha’s dismissal was “the correct move” and he had agreed to the move to allow the NZACA to appoint a new managing director.
“It’s an honour to have served as NZCTA chairman and captain and to be a part of the New Zealander Test team for the past 25 years,” Sinhasa said.
“While I’m not sure the board will want me back, I’m confident the NZAC can be a strong organisation for the future and I’m looking forward with all my heart to getting back out on the field.”
Sinhasa is in the midst of his second spell in charge of the governing body after a four-year tenure as the NZSC.
In a statement, the NZCSB said the “management team of NZCTAs president, board member and director are working hard to secure Manoj’s future” and added that it had been “an honour” to serve as a part-time coach in New Zealand.
The NZCTAB also thanked the NZ cricket board for the support they had shown to the organisation during Sinha, who was appointed the NZ chief executive in 2015.
“Our focus remains on the next phase of development of our current squad, which is still in its infancy and the need for a full time coach to lead the NZ Cricket team,” the statement said.
“This is something we have been working on for a number of months and we look forward to seeing how this new coach is able to deliver a successful New Zealand cricket team.”NZCBI president David Smiley confirmed on Twitter that Sinha would be allowed to resume his duties as NZCCBS chief executive on Monday, and that he would be “removed from his position by the NZA”.
The ICC has been criticised for its lack of transparency in the lead-up to the World Cricket Cup.
Last year, the governing bodies first disclosed that the World Twenty20 would be played at a venue in the US and New Zealand, but did not provide any further details.